Sunday, July 15, 2012

Zach89 performs with Orly Terkasher at Blue Note













Had a great performance Friday night at the legendary Blue Note!  I wanna give a big shout out to Orly for inviting me to come perform with her and her band.  We performed "Stay" off her album Distraction and we even did a cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella".  We did a great job with the song, if I may say so myself lol The band sounded amazing. Had a great crowd in attendance. 

 For those who don't know, I just graduated from City College with a BFA in Jazz Performance.  I've been around a lot of talented jazz musicians throughout the years so I definitely understand how special it is to perform at the Blue Note.  Musicians like Elvin Jones, Dizzy Gillespie, Ray Charles (the list goes on) have performed at the Blue Note.  The fact that I was able to RAP at the Blue Note is crazy to me.  This will without a doubt go down as one of the most memorable moments of my career.

Get Orly's album "Distraction" here! http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/orly1

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping us make it a special show Zach! O x

    ReplyDelete